Russ Powers has been a long-time resident of Dundas for over forty-five years. He has participated in and supported numerous activities and organizations throughout the community.
For almost 30 years, Russ has served the Community of Dundas as a member of Dundas Town Council, Hamilton-Wentworth Regional Council, the Hamilton City Council and Canada’s 38th Parliament.
Russ is a strong supporter of Dundas’ local identity and its quality of life, the importance of its environmental integrity, the need to constantly renew our municipal infrastructure, and to ensure a continued vitality in our chosen place to live and do business.
Retired after an almost 30-year career in health sciences at McMaster University, Russ Powers devotes his time to the needs of Dundas.
2010 - 2014 Hamilton Council Involvement
- Chair: Hamilton Council’s Governance Review Committee
- Chair: Hamilton Council's Grants Committee
- Chair: Hamilton Council's Municipal Drainage Court of Revision
- Member: Board of Directors, Canadian Urban Transit Association and
Chair: Canadian Urban Transit Association’s Transit Board Members Committee
- Chair: Wentworth Lodge Trust Fund Committee
- Co-Chair: Hamilton-Niagara Waste Plan
- Vice-Chair: Solid Waste Management Masterplan Committee
- President & Director: Association of Municipalities of Ontario
- Commissioner: Niagara Escarpement Commission
- Past Chair and Member: Hamilton Council’s Public Work's Committee
- Member: Hamilton Council's General Issues Committee
- Member: Hamilton Council's Audit, Finance & Administration Committee
- Member: Hamilton Council's Board of Health
- Member: Hamilton Council’s Pension/Benefits Committee
- Member: Hamilton Council's Non-Union Compensation Committee
- Member: Hamilton Council's Physician Recruitment and Retention Steeering Committee
- Member: Hamilton Utilities Corporation Joint Advisory Committee
- Member: Hamilton Council's Woodward Avenue Wastewater Treatment Plant Phases 3 and 4 Class EA Committee
- Member: Hamilton Council’s Historical Board
- Member: Dundas Farmer's Market Management Group
- Board Member: Art Gallery of Hamilton
- Board Member: Dundas Downtown BIA
- Board Member: Dundas Centre for the Arts Board of Management
- Board Member: Dundas Community Services
- Board Member: Hamilton Renewable Power Inc.
- Board Member: Hamilton Utilities Stakeholders Corporation
- Board Member: Hamilton Street Railway Corporation
- Board Member: Tourism Hamilton